I received a Asus Memo HD 7 today. I did this from a Windows 7 Machine, so I will be writing from that perspective. I couldn’t find an exact set of instructions from start to finish for this, so I wanted to whip one up.
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging on your ASUS HD 7
- Navigate to Settings > About Tablet
- Then tap 7 times on the Build Number section.
- You will see it say “You are now a developer!”
- Now navigate to Settings > Developer Options > Debugging > USB Debugging
- Press to enable
Step 2: Attach Tablet to PC
- Use the included USB cable to hook up the tablet to your PC
- Let windows find the drivers for it. It may take a few minutes, but it should work fine.
Step 3: Rooting the Device
- Download MotoChopper
- Extract zip file
- Run the run.bat file that is included
- When it hangs, go to your tablet and Disagree to let Google check your installed apps.
- MotoChopper should continue
- It will then ask you to press any key to reboot and root
Step 4: Enjoy your rooted device
I will be using this tablet for a single function in an industrial setting. I needed to root this only to install all the crapware. I did not need to install a custom ROM.